124. A Victorian Christmas Tea: Angel in the Attic/A Daddy for Christmas/Tea for Marie/Going Home by Catherine Palmer, Dianna Crawford, Peggy Stoks and Katherine Chute This book is composed of four separate novellas set around Christmastime in Victorian America. These are sweet romance stories without any of the sex that you find in secular romance novels. The novellas have a Christian theme running through them with the main characters being Christians.
125. Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson This book is a sweet love story between Major Pettigrew an English Christian and Mrs. Ali a Pakistani Muslim. She shows the reception that the couple receives in their village from the other residents. Major Pettigrew's son starts out by being materialistic who delays marriage because he is afraid that it would hurt his career if he were married though he does learn his lesson at the end. Mrs. Ali's nephew is a fundamentalist Muslim who became that way after he was sent to Pakistan by his family after a failed love affair. Both Major Pettigrew and Mrs. Ali have to work through both their cultural and religious differences plus not pay any attention to what anyone else thinks of the match. This is a refreshing romance novel since it does not have any sex in it and the two main characters are older instead of in their twenties and thirties that you see the main characters in romance novels nowadays.
126.The Unraveling of Violeta Bell: A Morgue Mama Mystery by C.R. Corwin This is a page turner where a 69 year woman sees a group of four older women enter into a cab at a garage sale when she finds out the four of them spends their Saturdays going to various garage sales driven by the same driver. She suggests that their story would make an interesting story in their local paper where she works out as the newspaper librarian. One of the women in the group Violeta Bell winds up murdered and Maddy the Morgue Mama investigates her murder. While investigating her murder there are quite a few surprising truths that come up about Violeta's life. Violeta does claim to be the heir to the Romanian throne. I couldn't wait to get to the end of the book to see who had killed Violeta.
127. Touched by a Vampire: Discovering the Hidden Messages in the Twilight Saga by Beth Felker Jones
128. Anne of Windy Poplars by L.M. Montgomery
129. Shades of Blue by Karen Kingsbury This latest book from the author deals with the issue of abortion both from the guy and girl's perspective. Six weeks before his wedding to Laura James, his boss's daughter he starts to have thoughts of Emma Landan his old high school girlfriend, the one that he had taken to get an abortion after she had gotten pregnant with his baby nine years ago. Brad travels back to North Carolina to seek forgiveness from Emma about the abortion while he has to come clean about his past to Laura, his fiancee. Brad's and Laura's relationship does change after the time that he spends in North Carolina. Laura his fiancee is shown as a society princess who only volunteers with the different charities that her parents are involved in and helps out at her dad's office, not working at a job where she would live on her own and bring home a paycheck. While Emma has her own house and works as a schoolteacher not putting her life on hold until she gets married.
130. All in One Place by Carolyne Aarsen
131. Red Light, Green Light, Eat Right: The Food Solution that Lets Kids be Kids by Joanna Dolgoff This is a book to teach parents on how to get their gets to eat healthy without forbidding any foods, though she does teach about portion control. It also encourages the parents to eat healthy with their children. This is a good book with good information no matter how old your kids are, even for those without kids.
132. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
133. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
134. Wishin' and Hopin': A Christmas Story by Wally Lamb This is a cute story of a man who is looking back at a childhood Christmas when he was a ten year old student in Catholic School. He talks about both his and his mom's television debut where he debuts on a local television program and his mother is a finalist in the Pillsboy Dough Bake Off where she meets future president Ronald Reagan.
135. Wedding Belles by Haywood Smith The author does a good job in showing on mother's reaction when her daughter announces her engagement to an older man that went to school with her mother and her mother's friends. Her mother enlists her Red Hat friends to help her to try to break up the engagement since they know about the grooms wild past. The ending though is unexpected. The story is set in Atlanta, Georgia where early marriage is accepted and encouraged in their circle of friends.
136. Holiday with a Vampire III by Lisa Winstead Jones, Lisa Childs and Bonnie Vanak