Genre: Suspense/Murder Mystery
Plot: After Adam dies in an explosion on board his yacht, his loving wife wants answers. As she digs further into the matter it seems that what killed Adam just might kill her too.
My thoughts: Not sure what I thought of this one.
Rating: 2.5 stars (out of 5)
Book 32: The Second Time Around - Mary Higgings Clark
Plot: When the scientist who discovered the wonder-drug that is going to cure cancer's plane crashes questions must be asked. And the enevitable conclusions are leapt to when it is discovered that money is missing from the company behind it and the results from testing were not good. But what is truth and what is not? The step-sister of the scientist's wife investigates and it becomes the proverbial rabbit hole...
My thoughts: One of Higgings Clark's better murder mysteries. I enjoyed the twisting and turning and wondering if Nick was honest or a charleton.
Rating: 4 stars (out of 5)
Book 33: Summer Knight - Jim Butcher
Plot: When the Summer Queen of the fairies (Titania)'s earthly knight is found murdered, the fairies automatically think of Queen Mab as being the culprit. The thing is, she swears she's innocent. And, when you want something that's just a bit strange investigated, you should definitely call Harry. Harry Dresden.
My thoughts: I love Jim Butcher's style and the way the bigger plot is unfolding.
Rating: 4.5 stars (out of 5) - it's light and fluffy.
Book 34: Death Masks - Jim Butcher
Plot: Those pesky red court vamps are out to get Harry (surprise!) and there are other bad guys on the lose - demons. Who do you call to tie up the lose ends? Harry of course!
My thoughts: Shiro! Shiro! And it was a damn good read.
Rating: 4.5 stars (out of 5)
Book 35: Pretend you don't see her - Mary Higgings Clark
Plot: Real estate agent witnesses murder and is forced to go into witness protection as the killer was one of The Bad Guys (pro hitter). If that weren't enough, it seems that Lacey's family are nearly as dangerous to her well being for one of them inadvertently (?) tips of the killer...
My thoughts: Good read...easily devoured in an evening.
Rating: 3 stars (out of 5)
1. A Study in Scarlett, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
2. The Sign of the Four, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
3. Guardians of the Keep, Carol Berg
4. The Soul Weaver, Carol Berg
5. Daughter of Ancients - Carol Berg
6. Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
7. Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
8. The Return of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
9. The Piper's Son - Melina Marchetta
10. The Hound of the Baskervilles - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
11. The Valley of Fear, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
12. His Last Bow, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
13. The Case Notes of Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
14. Night-time is my time, Mary Higgins Clark
15. The Swan Thieves, Elizabeth Kostova
16. Flesh and Spirit, Carol Berg
17.Breath and Bone, Carol Berg
18. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Stieg Larsson
19. Splendour, Anna Godberson
20. You Belong to Me, Mary Higgings Clark
21. I heard that song before, Mary Higgings Clark
22. The Girl Who Played with Fire, Stieg Larsson
23. The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest, Stieg Larsson
24. The Stainless Steel Rat, Harry Harrison
25. Storm Front, Jim Butcher
26. Fool Moon, Jim Butcher
27. Grave Peril, Jim Butcher
28. Detection Unlimited, Georgette Heyer
29. Duplicate Death, Georgette Heyer
30. Envious Casca, Georgette Heyer
31. Before I say goodbye, Mary HIggings Clark
32. The second time around, Mary Higgings Clark
33. Summer Knight, Jim Butcher
34. Death Masks, Jim Butcher,
35. Pretend you don't see her, Mary Higgings Clark