61. The Illuminator by Brenda Rickman Vantrease This is an interesting book set in the Middle Ages towards the end of the feudal system. It is set during the time of John Wycliffe who was working to translate the Bible into English. Finn is one of the illuminators who is working secretly on the English translation of the Bible while working on his commission from the Bishop of the Church. The author does a good job in showing the corruption of the Catholic Church at this time. The bishop encourages Lady Kathryn to keep Finn and his daughter at her manor house where both her and Finn and her son Colin and Finn's daughter Rose becomes good friends.
62. Take Four by Karen Kingsbury In this final book in her Above the Line series we see Keith and Dayne making the film Unlocked in Bloomington, Indiana. Baily Flannigan is cast as the lead in the movie opposite teen star Brandon Paul who is seen partying late at night by the tabloids before filming even starts. Cody Coleman is still in the picture though circumstances do separate him from Bailey, he starts out as an assistant coach at Cold Creek High School coaching Bailey's brothers. Keith is also preparing for the birth of his first grandchild and losing him to another family as his daughter Andi prepares to put her child up for adoption. This is a good book though it can get to be preachy at times and the preaching does come on heavy. It would be interesting to see what would happen in her next series about Bailey and Cody if Bailey becomes a movie star and Cody relapses with his alcoholism because of the things that he has seen and experienced in the military when he was kept as a prisoner of war.
63. Guys and Dogs by Elaine Fox This is a cute story about a vet meeting the town's local billionaire when she finds a strange dog in her bed with the tags giving the address of local billionaire Sutter Foley. In reality Sutter hates dogs but warms up to the retriever mix when she shows up at his door with the local vet, Megan Rose. Sutter decides that he wants to see more of Megan and he does. The ending is predicable for a romance novel.
64. Bobos in Paradise: The New Upper Class and How They Got There by David Brooks
65. Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay Through what has happened to Sarah during the round up of Jews in Paris in July of 1942 she discovers a family secret in her French husband's family that ties them to Sarah's family. She also learns more about herself and the relationship that she has had with her husband and her husband's family. She also ties in flashbacks to what had happened to Sarah at that time as well which work wonderously with the story.
66. Rachel's Holiday by Marian Keyes This is an interesting book about a young woman who winds up in a hospital after an overdose and she is sent back to her family in Ireland where they enroll her in the Irish version of the Betty Ford clinic. There she thinks that it is like a vacation with spa treatments though instead she is forced to face the truth about herself and her addiction. She also has a relationship with a guy that she thinks is too good for her.