Book 12: Dragon Soul by Derek Padula – 1945 pages
Description from Goodreads.com:
With a foreword from Christopher Sabat and Sean Schemmel, Dragon Soul: 30 Years of Dragon Ball Fandom is a grand celebration of the world's greatest anime and manga and it's momentous 30th Anniversary.
Derek Padula has written a ton of books about the anime Dragon Ball Z, of which I have been a fan for nearly twenty years. When I got back into DBZ a couple of years ago, I discovered Padula, and undertook to read this book, his celebration of 30 years of DBZ through the stories of fans from across the world. It’s a slog, that’s for sure, and unfortunately most of the stories are pretty much the same kind of thing - ‘I was having a hard time in life and DBZ saved me because everyone is <insert relevant personality characteristic>’. I don’t begrudge Padula or the people who were affected by DBZ in such a profound way, but it got kind of repetitive after awhile. The best part was the forward by the show’s two most famous English voice actors.
- The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli – 106 pages
- The Mammoth Book of Futuristic Romance edited by Trisha Telep – 481 pages
- Before I Die by Jenny Downham – 327 pages
And coming up:
- The Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant: Volume 3: White Gold Wielder by Stephen Donaldson – 500 pages
- The Odyssey by Homer – 324 pages
- To The Nines by Janet Evanovich – 372 pages